Return-to-Work Strategies – A Series
| June 2, 2020 | Blog
Choose Chemicals with Care
Proper cleaning and sanitizing will be a vital part of reopening all businesses. It is absolutely necessary that all employers and employees do everything they can to keep COVID-19 out of the workplace! It’s going to take each and every one of us doing our part to keep all of us safe.
Using the most effective products is a must to destroy the virus that causes COVID-19. This is a short list of EPA-approved products that have been classified as effective against Human Coronavirus.
- Clorox® Splash-Less Bleach1
- SC-NDC-64 (Stepan Company)
- PELS 422 (Protein Express Laboratories)
- Maquat 64® (Pilot Chemical Company – This company makes several effective products.)
- Lysol® Laundry Sanitizer
- DisCide® ULTRA Towelettes and Disinfecting Spray (Palmero Healthcare)
- Austin’s A-1 Concentrated Bleach 8.25% (James Austin Company)
- 65 Disinfecting Heavy Duty Acid Bathroom Cleaner (Ecolab)
- CaviCide™ (Metrex)
- Bleach-Rite® Disinfecting Spray (Current Technologies Inc.)
- Peridox RTU® Germicidal Wipes (Contec, Inc.)
- Sani-Cloth® Plus Germicidal Disposable Cloth (PDI)
This is by no means a complete list of products. It’s a cross-section of various types and formulas so you can get an idea of what’s out there. Because some of these products must be ordered online, you are encouraged to plan ahead, stock up on supplies, and be prepared in case there are shortages. Make sure you obtain the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for any of these products you use or store at your facility. Now is a good time to inventory any and all chemicals onsite and properly dispose of any that are out-of-date or unusable. Always read the complete instructions for use on these products, follow the manufacturer’s guidelines, and never mix any of the products together!